Thanksgiving | Writing Prompts and Pages
This is a teacher resource that will help student readers and writers study a Thanksgiving theme. These pages are a nice supplement to your Thanksgiving book corner. Created for elementary grades and diversified instruction. You might also use this resource for homeschoolers and distance learning. 24 pages included
click the thumbnail to see all the pages
Focus Skills are:
- Main Idea and details
- What I am thankful for ...
- Thanksgiving is | 4 details - 4 square
- writing an invitation
- writing about Thanksgiving
- How do you help your family on Thanksgiving day?
- You are a very intelligent turkey. Write a letter to Americans to convince them not to have turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Describe a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
- Sailing to America on the Mayflower
- Write about a special Thanksgiving tradition in your family
- Pretend you were a Pilgrim. Write a journal entry about your day
- What does being thankful mean to you?
There are 2 sets of the above writing prompts. Pages with lines for primary writers and pages with lines for more experienced writers.
- 4 square | A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting | Reader Response Page
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie | first, next, then, finally
- Four Facts about the First Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving | Then & Now
- Making New Words
Thank you for previewing this teaching resource.